Monday, March 29, 2010

Add some spice to your life!

   I realized that I left out some important ingredients in my last post, and they are SEASONINGS! After the dissertation I wrote yesterday, though, I'm going to try and make this a relatively short post. I know that spices, seasonings, marinades, sauces, etc can be a bit of a touchy subject for the ED community. On one end of the spectrum, there are those who absolutely refuse to put any kind of flavoring into anything they prepare; and on the other side, there are some who "sabotage" their food, so to speak, and over-season/over-flavor it in order to render it unenjoyable or inedible.
   I'm not going to go into a discussion about either of those extremes right now-maybe in a later post. All I'm going to say is that, for me, bland food is just about the worst thing in the world. I kind of have this attitude of...I don't really want to eat in the first place-so if I'm going to ingest food and calories, it better damn well taste good and be worth my while! Obviously, if it is a binge and I know I'm going to purge right afterwards, it's a little different. But, I digress. Here is a list of spices, seasonings, marinades and sauces that I use that have very little to no calories in them, but make a huge difference in helping my food taste better.
   Wherever possible, the links bring you to the product and nutrition information. If there was not a page for the nutrition info, then the link will bring to to the manufacturer/company's product page. If there was no official product page, then the link brings you to a retailer that sells it. Everything on here I buy in Publix. =)



*Wish Bone Salad Spritzers in Balsamic Breeze, Raspberry Bliss, and Ceasar--1 cal/1 spray

*Wish Bone Fat Free Italian Dressing--15 cal/2 tbsp

*Hidden Valley FAT FREE Original Ranch Dressing-- 30 cal/2 tbsp

*I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray, Original--0 cal

*Spice World Select Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt--0 cal

*Pomi Strained Tomatoes--30 cal/half cup


*Regina Fine Red Wine Vinegar--0 cal

There you have it, my favorite low and zero calorie seasonings, dressings, spices, etc! These are real life savers when food tastes too bland! 

LM


No comments:

Post a Comment