Monday, May 31, 2010

Bittersweet

Hey all~
   As per usual, this comes just in the knick of time for tonight! What I'm probably going to do is just post the scale and body pics real quick, so that they are up and done with, and then stay up writing a longer, more detailed post afterwards. At least, that's the plan at the moment.
   You may have gathered by the title that there are both good and bad feelings involved with today's results. On the plus side, I did somehow miraculously manage to get down to 105-which is a helluva lot better than 109. However, my goal weight for today HAD been 103, and that didn't happen. Also, my parents' scale is a little...what's the word...hmm...SHITTIER than mine, so it doesn't show fractions of a pound, so I don't know if I'm closer to 104 or 106.
   The pictures themselves are also bittersweet for me, because in some areas I'm starting to see a bit of a difference, while in others I'm just NOT! For example, you'll notice that I've included an additional picture in this post: one of my collar bone. I've always just done the front and side views, but today I was feeling particularly happy with my collar bone area, and for the first time thought that it was actually starting to become more pronounced, which made me really happy. On the other hand, I continue to be frustrated with the complete LACK of any difference in my giant stomach! Of course, I understand that I didn't lose any weight this week, and that in the pictures I'm about .8lbs heavier than last Monday's pics, so I souldn't have expected any big difference. It's still frustrating, though, since my stomach/hips/thighs are the areas I'm most self-conscious about. Leave it to me to lose weight just from my tits and neck, lol!
   OK, it's picture time-say cheese!
Note the inferior technology
Front:
And yes, I did forget to shave under my arms. My bad.
Side:
I blurred out the arm stubble in this one, lol.
Collar Bone:
Sorry about how disgusting the bathroom mirror is! =(
That's all for now-with about a quarter of an hour to spare! More intense posting to come!

LM

4 comments:

  1. These pictures actually look better than the last ones, despite the weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done hun. You did good. You may not have done as well as you hoped but remember a loss is a loss and it could have been a gain. So keep up the good work. Your looking fab. BTW I love the tattoos.
    x
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at your collarbones! You look great!
    I don't shave my armpits at all, so you're doing much better than me :) Plus you can't even see any hair, you silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cora! You know, it's funny that you say that, because I sort of felt the same way about the front view. I'm not sure if its the kind of underwear, or my mother's lovely mauve shower curtain in the background-but I agree I actually liked that picture better than last week's. It's that damn side view with that "pooch" I can't seem to get rid of, lol! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete