Thursday, May 13, 2010

Diet and Exercise: Options and Plans

   I mentioned in my last post that I had sat down and made a diet and exercise plan. Well, I wasn't lying-I really did. The exercise side of it is much more of a "plan" in the traditional sense of the word, while the diet side of more of a list of interchangeable options. While I'm losing weight, I'll be eating from the following list of items:

Breakfast Options

Fiber One Yogurt-50cal/per serving size
Light Vanilla Soy Milk-80cal/per cup
Egg whites-25 cal/per 1/4 cup
Luna Bar- 180cal
Oatmeal (Coach's Oats Brand)-160cal/serving size (1/3 cup, dry)
*Grapefruit-~50cal/per 1/2 grapefruit 
*Watermelon (Slices)- 36cal/per cup
*Blueberries-~35cal/per 1/2 cup
*Raspberries-10cal/per 10 raspberries
*Strawberries-5cal/per 1 Large Strawberry

Lunch and Dinner Options
*Carrots (Baby)-35cal/per 14 carrots
*Brocolli (Steamed)-44cal/per 5oz or 142g
Light String Cheese (Sargento) -50cal/per piece
Babybel Light (Laughing Cow Brand)-50cal/per piece
*Lettuce (Iceberg)-10cal/per cup
*Lettuce (Romaine)- 8cal/per cup
*Cucumbers- 45cal/per WHOLE medium size cucumber
Pickles (Mt. Olive Kosher Dill Spears)-~5cal/per spear
Matzo (Yehuda Brand)-125cal/per full square (I break them and only eat 1/4 at a time)

Condiment/Fixings Options
Salsa (Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn)-10cal/per tablespoon
Fat Free Ranch (Hidden Valley)- 15cal/per tablespoon
Fat Free Italian (Wish-Bone)-7.5cal/per tablespoon
Mustard (Plochman's Mild Yellow)-0cal
Banana Peppers (Mt. Olive Mild)-10cal/per 20 rings
Sicilian Pitted Olives (Lindsay)- 10cal/per olive
Taco Bell Hot Restauran Sauce- 0cal
Salad Spritzers (Wishbone)- 1cal/per spray

Beverage Options
Crystal Lite- 5cal/per 8oz
Coffee (Cafe Bustello, Black)-2cal/per 80z
Green Tea (Bigelow, with Lemon)-0cal
Water-0cal

*Denotes Negative Calorie Foods

   Most of the foods probably sound familiar from my second post with a few changes and substitutions. Basically, I have all of those options to work with and switch around and throw together for all of my meals. I know that when you look at it, it probably doesn't seem like a lot, however, you would be surprised at how many meals you can make out of those ingredients! I think in either my next post or the one after I'll post a few great low-cal recipes that are some of my favorites. 
   As for my exercising, I'm doing some things a little differently. Usually, I pretty much do the same thing every single day, which is some combination of treadmill, yoga, pilates, free weights, and ab work. HOWEVER, I have decided to try switching things up a bit and alternate exercises on different days, while also incorporating some new equipment. Speaking of new equipment, I have to tell you what the fuck I bought the other day. Prepare yourselves mentally for this one, guys. Are you ready?

I BOUGHT A MOTHER-LOVING SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!!! 


  Yes, THAT Shake Weight. Laugh it up, but I've used it two days in a row now, and you can really feel that shit! I may have been converted into a Shake Weight believer! It comes with this video that you can do the exercises along with, and its supposed to be 6 minutes a day, but I've been doing it once in the morning and once at night for a total of 12 WHOLE MINUTES! Haha, we'll see how toned my arms get!
   In addition to the Shake Weight, I also bought a jump rope and will be doing Hot Yoga once a week. So, here is the schedule:

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 
1. Jump rope in the park, 30 minutes (10 minute intervals) 
2. Ab Work, 30 minutes (10 minute intervals) 
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
1. Treadmill, 45 minutes (alternating between 10 and 15% incline and 3 and 4mph)
2. Weights, 45 minutes (2 and 5 lb hand weights, and leg machine @ 45lb resistance)
Saturday:
Walk in park, 45 minutes
Sunday:
Hot yoga, 100 minutes
Everyday:
1. Shake Weight, 12 minutes
2. Swimming, moderate, 30 minutes

   So far, I've magically managed to stick to everything-although it has only been two days! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated, including if I have any slip-ups or binges. OH, I almost forgot! I made a Twitter account! Follow me at: http://twitter.com/FreeFromFood ! 

LM


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! I hope it works out for you :) That shake weight thing is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! You should see the SNL version of the commercial, talk about hilarious! http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

    ReplyDelete